Hello Folks

Hello all. I haven’t really looked around much, but this seems like a friendly place.
I am 33 years old, just starting my undergraduate degree. Technically, I’m not in a pre-med program - I’m attending St. John’s College, which has a Classics/Great Books program, strong in the humanities, very weak in the sciences. I’m also not entirely sure I want to go into medicine, although I definitely am planning on graduate school of some sort.
Anyway … I’m glad I found this place.

Welcome, make yourself at home There are a lot of helpful folks around here.

I have one question right off the bat: How does one know if a school is ‘friendly’ to ‘non-traditional’ med school candidates?

found some threads where this was discussed

Welcome to the group. I don’t think it would be out of line at all for you to contact different medical schools (by phone or e-mail) in which you are interested and ask them for some statistics as to the percentage or number of nontrad students they have enrolled in their program. At the programs where I interviewed, they were very willing to discuss it with me.
Good luck.
Larry

Quote:

I have one question right off the bat: How does one know if a school is ‘friendly’ to ‘non-traditional’ med school candidates?
found some threads where this was discussed

There is quite a bit of information here:
http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/
Cheers,
Judy