Hello, from Simon

Hi, everyone. My name is Simon. I am 44. I have a master’s and Phd in developmetal psychology, and used to live in Japan (for 18 years). I am a single dad with an 11 year old son. Before going to Japan, I worked as an ER tech, and NA in San Francisco. I now live in Los Angeles. Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you, I am OldManDave. I used to be the Chief Cat Herder for this group, but life & career have quelled that. I am an attending physician in Lafayette, IN with a double-specialty in anesthesia & critical care. I am the current Medical Director of both the ICU & the Dept of Resp Care. I am the founder of OPM & the ‘poster child’ for getting in after having a horrific start to college many many moons ago.

You will find, like it is with most relationships, that the more you put into OPM, the more you will get out of it. It is like a massive electronic community…that can end up being a big electronic family. It warms my heart to visit here.

Welcome to OldPreMeds! Invest some time reading through both old & new posts. Be sure to comment whenever the motivation strikes you.

I second what Dave said !!

WELCOME!!! This is a great rescource, and a fantastic place for finding encouragement. It’s been amazing for me to hear from people who are going through the same things I am. Hope to see you around, Simon.

Best of luck.