Hello From Texas!!

I am new around here. So I thought I would say “hi” and introduce myself.

I am in the process of applying to a state university to start an informal post-bac program.

I am 39 and graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering with 2.25 cumulative GPA. So I am planning on utilizing Texas Fresh Start Provision to get a better shot at State Medical School while improving my grades for others.

I determined that, if I got 4.0 for the next 4 years, I would be at 3.1. So I figured I would bite the bullet and get another degree in Nutritional Science from UT Austin with a Fresh Start Provision.

Anyway, I am very happy to have found OPM and am looking forward to interacting with all of you.

I too am looking at starting back to school this fall under the Fresh Start - have you started?

I have a 2.5 GPA currently and a B.S. in Psychology.

If you have started, I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts on this unique program offered to us

Thanks so much!

Anne

Annbow,

In the other thread, you had indecated that you will be meeting with an advisor at UT Dallas. Are you already accepted there?

Yes, I have been accepted.

The admissions counselor said the following in response to my questions regarding Fresh Start…“The Academic Fresh Start is not going to impact your admission, but will impact your transferred credit hours. You might want to hold on to it.”

From that and other places I have read, it starts at enrollment, not at admission - we’ll see. Its confusing and there isn’t much information available on it online.

Take care,

Anne

Anne,

I have posted some more on your "Let me introduce myself thread. I think it would be a good idea to consolidate our Texas Academic Fresh Start info on that thread for people who may be looking for information later.

Anyway, I am just concerned about the statement this admissions counselor made. Please be sure to ask for paperwork to sign indicating that you have invoked academic fresh start.