Help! I'm being filtered out by this one question! Do I have to disclose if I was "disciplined for academic performance"?

I am wondering if I have to answer “yes” or “no” to the following question on AACOMAS:

“Have you ever been disciplined for academic performance (e.g. academic probation, dismissal, suspension, disqualification, etc.) by any college or school?
If you answered “Yes” to the previous question, you must provide an explanation. Include 1) a brief description of the incident and/or arrest, 2) specific charge made, 3) related dates, 4) consequence, and 5) a reflection on the incident and how the incident has impacted your life.”

In my situation, I was in a 9 month biomed master’s program & I was placed on an academic leave absence after the first quarter because I earned poor grades due to stress of home pre-foreclosure, the death of my aunt, and poor study habits. Due to my low GPA, I was placed on academic probation when I returned the following fall quarter (I had to take a leave of absence until the program started again in fall due to classes offered only during certain quarters). My transcript does not state anything about “academic probation” anywhere. It does state “leave of absence.” Does this mean I can answer “no” to this question?

I previously applied the last 2 years answering “yes” to this question. I did explain my situation, however, I feel as though I am being filtered out by schools by just answering “yes” to this question.

I do not want to be filtered out by this question, as I was not necessarily “disciplined” and the leave of absence was placed in order to give me time to grieve & take care of family matters.

P.S. - for reference, in my master’s program, anyone with a B- average or lower was placed on academic probation.

Thank you in advance for your help!!