Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum so I wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. I am a 25 year old pre-med student at the University of NC at Greensboro working on a second degree in biology. This upcoming fall semester will be my second semester in that degree program. I earned my first degree in Liberal Arts. I have always had a strong interest in medicine but for one reason or another decided to pursue other things, but now I am certain that medicine is the right choice for me. I am still very early in my journey. This semester I plan on working to improve my GPA and doing some volunteer work. My goal is to get advice from other pre-med students or med students who have been where I am so that I can be adequately prepared as I take this journey. Please don’t be afraid to say hi or give me advice as I post here. I look forward to chatting with you all!

Best of luck to you! I was once told by a doctor I work with: remember its a marathon, so pace yourself, and don’t let medicine be your life. It is hard to look past anything but medical school especially as a pre-med, but don’t forget the world does not stop living. Do what makes you happy in addition to working hard to become a doctor.

Thank you. That is some really good advice.

Just keep doing what you are doing. Keep your GPA in mind. Keep reading on this forum. Work on all aspects of your application. You will do well I am sure. One step at a time and do not rush. You will get there.

Good luck

Thank you. That is also great advice.