Hi, I'm New Here

Hello Everyone!

My name is Bethany. I’m a 32-year-old mother of 5. My journey has been complicated… to say the least. I’ve always had a heart for helping people. Medicine has always been in the back of my mind as my future. I am ambitious enough to take it on now!

I didn’t have much guidance in high school, so I didn’t get a solid beginning in college when I began. I started at a community college that, again, didn’t have the best guidance. So I began taking classes just to take classes, with no rhyme or reason. I then got married to a man in the military when I was 19, and college dropped off my radar. We had two kids, so that pushed back college as well. When he got out of the military, we went home to Michigan and I started working - because he wasn’t working. I got on a track of taking care of my family, living in a marriage that was toxic, and trying to take classes and failing. I kept working in my career for several years, got a divorce, life happened… education was attempted and failed and paused.

I’m now remarried, with three more children, and out of the career I had. I was a stay-at-home-mom for a little while but found my head and heart gravitating back towards school and medicine. I have a much more supportive spouse and family, so that definitely helps!

I am currently in my junior year of undergrad. I am on the premed track at my school and praying and hoping to make it all the way!

If anyone has any words of wisdom, or any other mothers who have been through this, I would appreciate a comment or two!

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

Bethany

1 Like