Hi there!

I’ve only been on the OPM group for a couple of months, but it is so awesome!

I’m 32 and live in Houston, TX. I have a BS in Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering (Purdue '92) and a MS in Aerospace Engineering (UT Austin '94). I work in the space industry. I like it, but I was never meant to be an engineer.

I overcame my doubts and made the decision to go to medical school about three years ago. Since then, I have been taking classes part-time after work to fulfill my requirements. I got a little delayed in my plan when I had a baby in 3/2000 (but it was well worth it!). I took the MCAT in 4/2001, and have applied to the three medical schools in my local area - Baylor, UT Houston, and UTMB - for 2002 matriculation. I got interviews from all three, but no word on acceptances yet.

I’m hoping that the Texas match will bring good news. Baylor is my first choice, but they are already offering acceptances and they haven’t called me yet. :( UTMB is my second choice, but I would be thrilled to go there.

I am happily married, and although my husband was a little hesitant about my career change at first, he has come around. I know I can count on his support.

Thanks for reading my story!

#Moderation Mode

More movin, tidying and organizing…

Moved here

Pam,

I enjoyed reading your intro. Welcome to our group!

I know what it is like to be waiting for someone to say, “Okay. Come on in!” You can count on all of us here to be pulling for you to get the reply you are waiting for!

Also, as I always do when welcoming new members, especially since you are in Texas, please check out our convention plans and see if you can attend. Our first one last year was extremely beneficial and informative, as well as a lot of fun, and I think this year’s will be even bigger and better! Watch for the registration form. It will be available very soon!

By the way, I’m changing my alias to spacecadet. I thought that people would have their names as their ID’s - but since most don’t, I’ll just use my usual name. :)