$hit hits the fan!!

I have been dealing with one of the nastier aspects of attending an offshore school this term, as my school is in the process of no less than a corporate coup, in which the leaders in the country of charter are trying to regain control of the school from the US MD that controls it and apparently has not honored his agreement. The consequence of that, is that we are currently suspended from the GMC (UK) and the ECFMG (US) so our alumni are desperate to get things fixed prior to July 1 and the beginning of their residencies and our clinical students are being held up for taking any level of the USMLE. While it is too early to know the outcome of all of this, it has been an extremely stressful semester for us all. I have almost completed an application to transfer to Ross, an advantage I have as a 4th semester student almost finished with basic sciences. My 3rd semester friends aren’t as lucky. Either way, I will be fine. If it doesn’t kill me, I will be stronger.

Kathy,
I am so sorry for all of you that are currently at St. Chris’s. I hope it all gets straightened out soon.
What about Ross? If you transfer there, will you maintain your standing as far as being ready for boards and rotations or will you have to retake some classes?
And what about the whole deal with MUA/Belize? How does that play into it for you and your classmates?
Anyway, keep us informed. I guess you will still be returning home in Apri, right?
Best of luck in it all. And, please, when you get back to the states, give me a call!
Linda

Kathy, I don’t know what to say, St. Chris has merged with MUA and then Senegal still wants to take over and have a school?
This is so awful I just don’t know, if you can get transferred to a school with Fed aid then I would think you can get the loan you couldn’t before. Ross is a fine school if thats the one, rest asured everyone in the caribbean know’s about the problems, even at my school. I wish I could give you a hug and say it’s gonna work out some how.
Elaine and I are praying for you and your family, I’ll tell Matt to give Adam a call when he gets back on Sunday.
Bill.

IF I’m accepted to Ross, I can go directly into their 5th semester Intro to Clinical Medicine program in Miami which also has a board prep component. The financial aid alone makes it worthwhile to me. The whole thing with Senegal is: the UK corp is Leone’s and if he wants to merge that corp with MUA, then so be it…but the students are students of SC-Senegal and so it goes…BTW, Linda, or OMD…if either of you feel like you want to write a LOR for me for Ross, the address is:
Ross University School of Medicine
Admissions Department
499 Thornall Street, 10th floor
Edison, NJ 08837
(shameless plug)
I’ll be fine, whatever the outcome.

…to add more on the MUA vs. Senegal…Leone’s corp in the UK leases the buildings, so if he can keep any stupid students, he will and gain any unsuspecting ones (which we will try to warn people of). Senegal has found us a new director and building in Luton. Two schools in Luton. Our new director came from the International Ecole in Geneva and we’re meeting him tonight.

Quote:

IF I’m accepted to Ross, I can go directly into their 5th semester Intro to Clinical Medicine program in Miami which also has a board prep component. The financial aid alone makes it worthwhile to me. The whole thing with Senegal is: the UK corp is Leone’s and if he wants to merge that corp with MUA, then so be it…but the students are students of SC-Senegal and so it goes…BTW, Linda, or OMD…if either of you feel like you want to write a LOR for me for Ross, the address is:
Ross University School of Medicine
Admissions Department
499 Thornall Street, 10th floor
Edison, NJ 08837
(shameless plug)
I’ll be fine, whatever the outcome.

Kathy I feel you are a good student and you should get admitted to ROSS! I really think that is a good option since with FINaid you will be able to be what you should be, an MD! I have never doubted you should be.
Like you I’m trying to keep students away from SC now by makeing sure it’s clear I do not support that school in anyway. I support people like you, taken as I was before.
I’ll keep the prayers up for you.

Thanks Bill, you’re a pal. I really miss you, Elaine and Matt…and the nights we finished off those bottles of wine

Wow…good luck with all this and getting a transfer to Ross.