How bad is this for me?

I found out my undergrad school will not be sending out LORs until early September. They’re a small school without much staff over the summer. Over on SDN there are already people getting interviews, and I’m just waiting around. I’ve turned in several secondaries and am hurrying to get the rest done. But what’s the point when I’m limited by my LORs? Am I doomed because of this? The earliest I could get interview invites I figure is late September.
Aagh!

that’s still plenty early. This shouldn’t hurt you at all.
Mary

Ok good to know. There is no way I would nag at my premed advisor, that would be suicide, and September seems reasonable to me anyway. Glad to hear it’s not beyond the pale. I still can’t believe how fast some people get everything in.

My premed commitee does not send out their letters until they have rec’d my MCAT scores. Which means it won’t be until October when they send out my recomendations!

General question -
Are these secondaries and interviews for the entering class in 2004? Does this mean that if you get accepted, you don’t start until Fall 2005 (I’m assuming that classes for Fall 2004 would be starting soon). Did I COMPLETELY miss the picture?
My apologies if I have it all wrong.
Thanks!

The secondaries and interviews going on now are for the entering class of 2005. My class of 2004 interviewed last cycle…for many of us classes have already begun.

A-ha! it all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up!

Quote:

The secondaries and interviews going on now are for the entering class of 2005. My class of 2004 interviewed last cycle…for many of us classes have already begun.

So how are your classes going thus far? We start our orientation on August 18th. Almost here.

Holy cow Amy! they go at the speed of light and the amoung of info is huge. We covered an intro level cell bio semester in one day! Thank God I majored in a science because if not I personally would be freaking out!

efex,
One lecture, huh? Yikes!! How are you feeling in your classes so far? Overwhelmed, excited, all of the above??
Kathy

Kathy it is a huge huge amount of information to digest. You must stay on top of it every day or you will suffer specially with gross anatomy. So far I a love it but I spend a lot of time studying every day mon-sun there is just no time to take a day “off”. We have already had one quiz in gross (did really well) and have two lined up for next tues and wed, then a big exam the following week. We have something every week which imho is good.