How bad is this?

Hello everyone,

Another semester is winding down and I’m not very encouraged. Following has been my performance since I started on this track about a year ago:

Bio I B+

Chem I A

Chem Lab A-

Chem II B-

Chem Lab A-

O Chem I projected grade B-

Physics I projected grade A

Ochem Lab projected grade A

GPA expected at the end of this sem : 3.36

I going down aren’t I? I have a previous GPA of 3.8 for my masters. Anything before that was international and does not count.

I still have Phys II Ochem II and Bio II left…any suggestions for me would be welcome. This pretty much means that I probably won’t be able to apply for Fall 2011. I was so hoping that I would have performed better and get in for Fall 2011.

25 hours of work per week with 10 credits is a struggle for me…I spend a lot of my time commuting as well. Not to offer this as an excuse, but I am worn out. The possiblity that I may not be good enough is unbearable. What can I do?

-physio

• physio Said:
O Chem I projected grade B-

Physics I projected grade A

Ochem Lab projected grade A

Are you taking all of these this semester?

Yes. 10 credit hours.

For the record:

If its just one OChem Lab as opposed to Lab I/II it can be very intensive especially since it expects you to have taken OChem II and integrates and introduces new lab techniques. Also for a non-traditional student, just Physics and OChem I together can be a handful.

Well I think given your work/commute you’ve done pretty well but do take away one lesson - had you asked on the board about this course load I, and I am sure a lot of people, would have advised against it.