How many other masochists out there? summer school

Ut oh. I may really have to join the masochist club after all. I’ll find out sometime next week if financial aid will count the independent study psych course I want to take as part of my total credit hours or not. If they won’t I get stuck taking biochemistry June 7-July 1 in addition to Orgo II + lab and working as an office asst/box office asst to our theater program. All of my fingers and toes are crossed that they’ll count the psych class instead lol .
At least if I do have to take Biochem also it doesn’t interfere with when I want to work…just means I’ll have to wake up earlier everyday (the class is from 8-10:40 M-Th and then orgo is 10:50-12:40 and lab is T and Th from 1:40-4:25). I’m only working part time (it’s a work study) and the nighttime/weekend hours won’t start until after Biochem would be over so even though it would be rough it should be doable still. The nighttime/weekend hours are box office things for Taming of the Shrew, our summer production so I’d still have all my evenings and weekends to study while both classes are going on anyway.
Good luck everyone!
–Jessica, UCCS

I enjoy school and get too bored with a while summer off. This summer though I am pretty much taking it easy with an Algebra class and a Women’s History class (taking that for fun) and hanging out with my kids at the pool the rest of the time
MamaMD

I’ve got an easy summer schedule too. I’m also taking an Algebra class and a required history class. Then the next summer session I’ll probably knock off a required Poly Sci class and English class. At least it’s sort of interesting classes!
Christy

Well I thought I was taking an easy schedule this summer with a six week Biology and an Art Appreication class. I received my syllabus only to find out that in my art appreication class I have four chapter tests a week and a research paper due every two weeks. My Biology class meets three evenings a week with a test every Monday, a quiz every Thursday, and a 5-8 page lab report due every Tuesday. This while working 60 hours per week. I guess its time to set the alarm clock back a couple of hours.

Todd, about the requirements for the art class! Can you take it pass-fail and buy yourself a little slack that way? Good grief.
Mary

Fortunately we can take the art chapter tests online and I have managed (so far) to score 100% on the first four tests. It means staying up a little later at night reading a chapter and getting up a littler earlier in the moring to take the test, but it is doable. Last night our biology instructor issued us a 25 question essay test (instead of on Monday as listed in the syllabus). When the syllabus was brought to his attention, he related that science is about expecting the unexpected. Luckly I had transformed all my notes into a powerpoint presentation earlier that moring so the test wasn’t too difficult. I guess I’ll find out on Tuesday.

General Physics “For majors in the life sciences”. Four nights a week. God willing, the classrooms will be air-conditioned.

Whole year of Ochem in 10 weeks starting June 9. However, I have taken 2 quarters of it (oh…about 11 years ago!) so I hope I remember some of it . Working 10 hours/week and just plan to live and breath Ochem all summer!
By the end I expect to look like this ---- >
Rose

Rose -
I am taking the whole year of Ochem in 8 weeks!!! I also plan to eat, sleep, and breathe Ochem all summer!! We’ll have to compare notes!
Amy

Well I’ve officially joined the masochist club. Financial aid nixed my idea of taking personality psych through our state consortium of independent study courses.
I’ll be taking Biochem I June 7-July 1 M-Th 8-10:40am, Orgo II June 14-Aug 6 M-Th 10:50-12:40, and Orgo II lab T and Th from 1:40-4:25. I’ll also be working M/W 1:15-5 and F 10-5. June is going to be hell but I’ll survive it somehow .
I will definitely be living, breathing, sleeping, and eating biochem/orgo this summer lol.
Good luck!
–Jessica, UCCS

General Chemistry and Lab for 8 weeks this summer. I have kept my schedule clear so that I can focus completely on this project. Given that I am both a part time musician and a computer consultant, this has been a real challenge for me both financially and emotionally. I’m not used to turning down gigs. But, this gig is the biggest one of all, if I can earn it!