How to Rewrite PS as reapplicant and non-trad

BLUF: How to I change my personal statement when I don’t have any new stories?

Hello. I am likely going to be a re-applicant. I am wondering how I change my personal statement and application as a whole in a way that is meaningful. During Covid, I haven’t really had a chance to do anything but take master level courses, a very small amount of research and volunteer at a food bank so I don’t have really any new stories to add to my PS. I applied to four schools this year and got two interviews and was waitlisted both places. I would have for sure got into one of the schools but they require a medical clearance that I cannot get right now. The only thing that I see hindering my application is that I applied a little late. I submitted June 26 but wasn’t verified until Aug 6.

Hello! You need to compose your personal statement from a different angle even though your life experiences have not changed, such as new revelations, new resolutions, new thoughts…e.g, you can expand your experience at a Food Bank. How is your experience at Food Bank during Covid make you a different person? How do people’s daily struggles during Covid inspire you to become a doctor? Meantime, we are an expert in admissions consulting and many students come for our professional advice when applying for medical schools. Feel free to email us at mcat@manhattaneliteprep.com if you want to learn more!