HP countdown

As of today - it’s 64 days until “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” is released.
I met an MS-II Wednesday who has scheduled her USMLE Step 1 for June 20, so that she will be able to get in line at Barnes & Noble that night, buy HP right after midnight on June 21, and reward herself for a long studying slog by reading! laugh.gif
Me, I’ll be on my OB rotation and expect I won’t be able to even think about reading it until after the exam on June 27. So my own personal countdown number should be 70, I guess. sad.gif
And I intend to read HP, THEN start studying for Step 2.

QUOTE (Mary Renard @ Apr 18 2003, 09:41 PM)
As of today - it's 64 days until "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is released.

Howdy Mary!
I just pre-ordered it on Amazon last night with "guaranteed" delivery on the day of release. For me, that'll be three days after my medicine clerkship starts. Bummer.
Funny how we're all mapping out our medical careers in terms of when the next HP novel comes out.
I'm pretty convinced my bad grade in our micro/biochem/cell course was because nothing on that test was covered in any of the first four HP books. The first movie was coming out around then and I didn't want to see it without first reading the book. After finishing the first one, I couldn't stop myself. Good thing none of that microbiology will ever be important in my career, huh? smile.gif
Take care,
Jeff Jarvis

When I first read the “HP coundown” I had no idea what you were talking about and thought, great, another thing I need to know but don.'t.
I really need a life.