HPSP Advantage

HI all,

Wondering if anyone has heard of HPSP scholarship candidates gaining extra consideration by med school admissions committees? That is, if you’ve committed yourself to serving your country through medicine, do some med schools try to keep seats open for those individuals (akin to a modified affirmative action)? Thank you!

-Andrew

I don’t think that’s a thing, though some schools may ask about it in the interview, and you can definitely put it in your personal statement. They might give you extra consideration for a seat, but I don’t believe they hold seats specifically for scholarship folks.

Some schools have a preference for vets, but I don’t think that includes “future” vets.

@Kennymac wrote:

I don’t think that’s a thing, though some schools may ask about it in the interview, and you can definitely put it in your personal statement. They might give you extra consideration for a seat, but I don’t believe they hold seats specifically for scholarship folks.

Some schools have a preference for vets, but I don’t think that includes “future” vets.

Great, thank you!