Hugz meets his first cadaver ...

So over Thanksgiving break I drove up to North Chicago and visited my brother and sister-in-law who are both M1’s at Rosalind Franklin. They actually took me into the anatomy lab and let me check out their cadavers they have been working with. Is it wrong that I got hungry for turkey after seeing a cadaver that was about 6 weeks old?

• HugzMonster Said:
So over Thanksgiving break I drove up to North Chicago and visited my brother and sister-in-law who are both M1's at Rosalind Franklin. They actually took me into the anatomy lab and let me check out their cadavers they have been working with. Is it wrong that I got hungry for turkey after seeing a cadaver that was about 6 weeks old?

I've never gotten hungry after seeing a cadaver (because of the formaldehyde usually) but it sure was a pain in the rear to get the smell of bone dust out of my nose after I visited a head and neck lab in my friend's dental school.

That is a great experience!

I hope it’s not wrong. I really wanted pot roast after lab sometimes.

Our lab has windows. And there’s a Jimmy John’s right across the street.

I hope it’s not wrong!

An anatomy lab with windows…BRILLIANT! Why don’t more schools have them?

Some do (have windows). Ours is the world’s worst ventilated dissection lab.

I’m amazed that you were allowed into the lab; many schools have pretty strict rules about that.

I was pretty surprised when I got in. I think the highlight of that day was when my brother’s 5 year old asked where the boobs had gone on the first cadaver. This kid is being groomed for a physicians life.

Our school was ok with visitors as long as you had the department head’s permission. As long as the visitor had a legitimate reason or interest, he seemed inclined to grant it; it was the curious onlookers he seemed to want to discourage. I am surprised they let the 5 year old in.

Pretty interesting to see close up, huh? It’s just incredible and humbling. I mean, the human body. I held a brain in my hands, FFS. And even when I had my face six inches from an exposed rectum, it was still pretty damn incredible.