I am from Turkey and 43, do I have a chance?

Hi everybody,

I am a Turkish woman who dies for medicine. A couple of years ago I have had a misunderstanding about med. education in the US and started to make self-study at home for MCAT–at home, because my daddy is ill for 11 years and I take care of him–. Later I saw that I jumped to MCAT prep.unnecessarily, since I had to have another major first.

Last year, as I found time for it, I joined a study group and had kind of an education on Maths and Geometry, and I took SAT Math1 and Math2. My scores are both well-over international averages of the tests. Now I try to develop my English.

But still I cannot see the future; My first priority belongs to my daddy.

May I ask : at this age, 43, may I still have a chance to have med. education in the US? Do you have any suggestion abot med. education for a person with this profile?

The point is to be a quality doctor, not just a doctor masturbating over patients. Is there a quality way of taking this education anywhere in the world, if not in the States, in this age for me? Still US is the best, right?

Thank you.

• bidiboom Said:
...I am a Turkish woman who dies for medicine.

I would strongly advise against that since it would be of limited use for your patients.

• bidiboom Said:
The point is to be a quality doctor, not just a doctor masturbating over patients.

I'm pretty sure that activity was ruled unethical by the medical community a few centuries ago.

I will send you a PM addressing the other concerns on your desire to become a doctor in the U.S.