Idea to pay for college

I’m not sure if anyone else has done or tried this, wouldn’t surprise me since it’s a medical job itself, but has anyone worked as a medical transcriptionist to pay for going to school up until they went into med school and probably didn’t have the time anymore? I was looking at MT because you can work from home as well as set your hours and even 20 hours a week could get an income comparable to a full time job for most people in my age range, since I understand just 20 hours a week could be 20,000 to 40,000 a year depending on how fast I am.

Hey, if anyone on this board is knowledgeable in medical billing, namely for speech therapy, I would love to talk to you about a fee-for-service deal. With a full-time job and school, I sometimes get backed up on my billing.
If none of you do billing, but know someone who does, let me know too! I have a fax/scanner so I can send anyone anything!
Sorry, mods - not meant to be spam, just willing to pay a med student an honest buck if they have the time!

What kind of medical billing is it? HCPC and ICD-9 coding or something? I process health insurance claims for Blue Shield of CA so I’m sure I know atleast a decent amount about it if it’s medical billing.

It’s easy - some is insurance billing (I’m a provider with BC/BS of IL and then I have some oddball companies I come across), and some is billing directly to the state of IL, but all using the CMS-1500 forms.

Is that the HCFA-1500 or the same thing? If you could send me a job description via private message I could tell you whether I can do it or not, it sounds like it if it’s off of a superbill or something and you just need claim forms filled out. If I can do it I’m game.