I'm IN!

hey y’all, Denise’s experience can provide one little teaching point:
Denise, after careful consideration, decided to apply Early Decision. That means she applied to only one school, interviewed early, and got her acceptance early. Regular interviews are starting now and the first wave of regular decision acceptances can’t be released until October 15 for AMCAS schools.
Applying Early Decision is a gutsy move in the competitive world of med school admissions. Denise did it because she decided she really wanted to stay in Milwaukee and MCW was the only game in town. Even with a stellar application, it’s still a risk because you ONLY apply to the ED school.
From a gambling or “odds” point of view, this is high-stakes poker! Because if you apply ED and do NOT get in - and the conventional wisdom is that you have to have better-than-average stats and an all-around excellent application to have a chance - then at the end of September, you START the application process that your competition began a few months ago.
It’s a hell of an accomplishment and a great career move for Denise - you go, girl!
Mary

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Yes, MCW was my top choice. I would like to mention that MCW, UNLIKE many other med schools, does NOT have higher standards for ED than for regular admissions. Indeed, they like ED applicants and encourage those who match their average stats to apply ED. (Okay, ALL schools like ED applicants since those applicants are committed to them. But MCW seems to actually appreciate them).
This is in contrast with University of Wisconsin, which encourages only VERY STRONG applicants to apply ED.
This made my gamble a little different from the way it might be at another school. Still exciting and dangerous-feeling.
And I won big! YAY!
Hang in there, everybody. I hope you all see happy letters soon!

Way to go Denise!!!

AWESOME!

Congratulations Denise! I’m so happy for you!
Love,
Stacy