I'm really bummed

I was so ready to take this chemistry class in the winter term. But now it looks like I wont be able to because I hurt my knee playing football about three weeks ago and it hasn’t gotten any better so I finally went to see my primary care who in turned referred me to an orhtopedic surgeon. I saw him today and I have a torn meniscus. This sucks classes start Monday and I am going in for the surgery on Tuesday. At leasts its outpatient and arthroscopic.(sp)
I’ll be out of football for 6 weeks too another bummer. I have been working hard getting in good shape and this sidelines me. I can never get a break it seems like.

Quote:

I was so ready to take this chemistry class in the winter term. But now it looks like I wont be able to because I hurt my knee playing football about three weeks ago and it hasn’t gotten any better so I finally went to see my primary care who in turned referred me to an orhtopedic surgeon. I saw him today and I have a torn meniscus. This sucks classes start Monday and I am going in for the surgery on Tuesday. At leasts its outpatient and arthroscopic.(sp)
I’ll be out of football for 6 weeks too another bummer. I have been working hard getting in good shape and this sidelines me. I can never get a break it seems like.

Hi Cathy,
Sorry to hear about your knee. I tore a lateral meniscus, playing soccer during my first week of medical school. I had arthoroscopic surgery on Friday and was sitting in class on Monday. If the airconditioning was too high, I ended up achy. For keeping my cardiovascular conditioning, I swam at least three times per week. It was good for stress relief too.
If you find that you must sit out, do some serious MCAT review. Review anything that you have already taken. You can’t start studying for this test too soon.
Try to find something that will keep your cardio going and you won’t miss football too much. Please remember to rest your knee for the entire time that is recommended. Going back too soon only opens you to a lifetime of arthritis.
Natalie