I'm so happy...

Well, it's official. After 9 1/2 years in the Navy, a medical discharge, 2 years as a field engineer, and 3 semesters of doing nursing program pre-requisites I have finally dotted all the t's and crossed the eyes for the VA, My school, and my wife. At 30 years old I am now a pre-med Biology major and on my way. I was scared as hell about my age but this website makes me feel a whole lot better! Hello everybody.

welcome

Welcome!

Thanks!!! I'm amazed at how quickly you responded. By the way, any other prior Navy out there? Where've ya been and Who'da ya know? (rank and rate).

we've got a boatload (excuse the pun) of ex-Navy, including ex-submariners, as well as other ex-military folks.
I'm sure they'll check in to say hello shortly.
welcome.
Lisa

One more WELCOME!

Welcome to OPM! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Stacy

Prior Army sounding off here! Honorably discharged as an E-5 (Sergeant)…Welcome to OPM!!

Welcome.
And BTW, your'e still a young'un compared with some of us, so don't let it scare you.
Kim

Welcome from another Army alum!! I left the Army as an O3 but now get to be a butter bar again for the Air Force for the next 2+ years…yippee ohmy.gif
Tara

QUOTE (LisaS @ Sep 2 2003, 12:12 AM)
we've got a boatload (excuse the pun) of ex-Navy, including ex-submariners, as well as other ex-military folks.
I'm sure they'll check in to say hello shortly.
welcome.
Lisa

Ok who is an ex submariner? My husband served for 5 1/2 years in the Navy and was on the USS Ohio SSBN 726. His job was an electrician. He loved it but was glad he got out and it was on a medical also. Guess thats what happens when you are so tall and on a sub.
He is extremly bright and he has already agreed to help me with physics when I take it. Snce he had to learn baisc stuff then nuclear physics because the ship runs on nuclear power. :-)

I myself never served in the armed forces but glad some of you have been there to defend our country.
cathy
biggrin.gif wink.gif