immunology

ok - last time (at least for a while) that i'll clutter this board with a course-related question. i'm trying to establish the big picture (with all the details) of T and B cell immunological responses - particularly looking at the interplay of TH1 and TH2. Can someone point me to a good source that would show how all these factors work together? I find pieces here and there but can't seem to make a flow chart that shows everything all together.
many thanks,
lauren

Lauren,
See if you can get a copy of Janeway-Travers “BioImmunology”. It’s a great book for immunology, especially at the cellular level of B and T cells, complement, etc.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer since I’m not there yet. But, I just wanted to say that I think it’s fine (and good!) to ask course-related questions. Post away! smile.gif
Pam

If you go to www.biocarta.com and click on the “pathways” tab they have one for Immunology, and under that specifically one that shows what the T-cells do. Lots of other good pathways shown, too. I recommend it for Immunology and Biochemistry at least-- and I just saw a nice one that will help me studying apoptosis in cancer, too. I highly recommend the site.
Epidoc