IMPORTANT!! I need some big time help!

Hi all,
I really need some help here. My beloved Detroit Red Wings are on life support!!! They are in danger of being eliminated from the playoffs!
So, I am asking that each and every one of you wear red and white tomorrow in support of the Red Wings. When you are having dinner and you say grace, PLEASE slip in a little extra for the Wings.
I’m confident that with the outstanding support we’ll generate that the Wings will be able to come back and win this series!!
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
Sincerely,
A Detroit Red Wings fan (AKA Geoff)

P.S. I fully expect some… uhhhhh… OTHER team fans to take pleasure in my pain. So, should you feel the need to ‘rub it in’ please do so. wink.gif

You know, I got major shiznit when my beloved Hurricanes lost to OSU on a bad call from a ref whose neice is an OSU ugrad. No I know, only coincidence, that and the fact that Terry bought a Ferrari after the game only makes it even more legit right? Ok, so now your Red Flings are on life support to a team they should have blown out and you want me to wear red?
QUACK QUACK
ana_logo.gif

Coincidentally I am actually wearing red and white today… I’m a die hard Canadiens fan, but I have to say that the idea of a team called the Mighty Ducks winning makes me mad (weren’t they supposed to change the name after the first year they played?), so go Wings. The Habs are long out of it at this point, anyway. mad.gif
Oh, and go Devils, anyone who beats the Bruins is good in my book (sure makes me popular here in Boston!)…

quack quack quack -
Lisa - just down the road from “the Pond”

I wore red to my endoscopy today, just for you. And I don't even know what sport you're talking about! Was it too late? Are they in?

QUOTE (futrfysician @ Apr 15 2003, 11:31 AM)
You know, I got major shiznit when my beloved Hurricanes lost to OSU on a bad call from a ref whose neice is an OSU ugrad. No I know, only coincidence, that and the fact that Terry bought a Ferrari after the game only makes it even more legit right? Ok, so now your Red Flings are on life support to a team they should have blown out and you want me to wear red?
QUACK QUACK
ana_logo.gif

Absolutely I want you to wear red!! Don't be mad at me because your Miami team couldn't beat a big 10 team!! It wasn't a bad call... it was a makeup call--- completely different!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
I'm not giving up yet.... in fact, just to change the winds of fate I have bet AGAINST my beloved Red Wings tomorrow night so I KNOW they will win now. I just have to make sure they win the next 3 after that!! LOL
QUOTE (arciedee @ Apr 15 2003, 01:41 PM)
Coincidentally I am actually wearing red and white today... I'm a die hard Canadiens fan, but I have to say that the idea of a team called the Mighty Ducks winning makes me mad (weren't they supposed to change the name after the first year they played?), so go Wings. The Habs are long out of it at this point, anyway. mad.gif
Oh, and go Devils, anyone who beats the Bruins is good in my book (sure makes me popular here in Boston!)...

Thanks for the support. Not sure how I feel about the Devils over the Bruins tho.... I guess I can root for NJ if you root for Detroit. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (LisaS @ Apr 15 2003, 03:14 PM)
quack quack quack -
Lisa - just down the road from "the Pond"

Oh boy!! No wonder she has that funky skeleton dancing under her name.... SHE HAS NO SENSE!!!

LOL, J/K Lisa!! I forgive you for not rooting for the Wings. tongue.gif
QUOTE (samenewme @ Apr 15 2003, 04:09 PM)
I wore red to my endoscopy today, just for you. And I don't even know what sport you're talking about! Was it too late? Are they in?

Not yet!! Big game tomorrow (Wednesday).... Wear the red again!!! smile.gif

No – burgandy and blue! lol…go Avalanche! tongue.gif
–Jessica, UCCS

QUOTE (Skaterbabe74 @ Apr 16 2003, 02:47 AM)
No -- burgandy and blue! lol...go Avalanche! tongue.gif
--Jessica, UCCS

Ugh!! You're one of THOSE fans huh!!!?!?! LOL
Good rivalry with the Avs, love to hate 'em. wink.gif

Oh yeah, I have to root for the Avs, too… but just because I'm a Patrick Roy fan from his days in Montreal. Since the Avs and Wings are not playing each other (yet), I'll root for Detroit, too, since they're part of the Original Six.

Geoff, I would like to help you but I've got problems of my own. Those pesky Oilers.
Go Stars!!

QUOTE (ballast @ Apr 16 2003, 01:40 PM)
Geoff, I would like to help you but I've got problems of my own. Those pesky Oilers.
Go Stars!!

Go Stars!?!?!??! That's almost as bad, if not as bad, as rooting for the Avs!! LOL
GO WINGS!!!

I’m not one of those “fan” fans who has to “hate” you just cuz you’re a Wings fan, but I gotta root for the Ducks simply cuz I don’t want to have to play you in the later rounds lol. You guys scare me every year! (Which is a huge compliment by the way lol)

today a radio sports guy was commenting on the legacy of the Redwings - lauding their record and comparing them very favorably to the dominating Yankees of baseball - of couse, he then had to liken the Redwings-Ducks series to the Yankees vs. Angels playoffs … and we all know how that ended wink.gif
just tweakin’ y’all

Geoff,
Ouch…swept by the Ducks. My condolences.
(I'm just happy the Stars won't have to face the Wings now).

QUOTE (ballast @ Apr 17 2003, 08:02 AM)
Geoff,
Ouch...swept by the Ducks. My condolences.
(I'm just happy the Stars won't have to face the Wings now).

Thank you. Yes, it's been a bad day so far. Many sad faces here at work. One good thing out of this is that I won $20 for betting against the Wings. Seriously, I was trying SOMETHING to get them going. I was really hoping I'd lose the $20. sad.gif
Oh well. I guess there's always next year and now I can root for the Pistons!! Woo hoo!

I've gotta ask – you bet against your team? I have never understood that.
Me, a die hard Met/Niner fan who is used to having my heart ripped out, just could never do that.

QUOTE (Calvin -- in a box by the river @ Apr 17 2003, 10:08 AM)
I've gotta ask -- you bet against your team? I have never understood that.
Me, a die hard Met/Niner fan who is used to having my heart ripped out, just could never do that.

Like I mentioned, I was trying to do SOMETHING to change the cards so to speak. Honestly, I was truely hoping I'd lose the bet. I guess it's my own sick way of trying to help my team. tongue.gif