I am so happy to have found this forum - this whole process makes me feel bipolar! I’ll try to be concise here, but I have a zillion questions.
- BA psyche, 3.31 (minimal sciences, and a disappointing science GPA of 2.7 thanks to calculus)
- been living in Australia for last 2 years, and am about to finish orgo II this semester
- took the MCATs once and was disappointed (PS7, VR8, BS11, T)
- I’m a journalist, so I have publications but none in science
- have some research experience and teaching/tutoring experience
Problems and questions:
- AMCAS won’t use my science grades to calculate my GPA because they’re overseas - I’m frustrated because I’ve worked so hard and gotten H1s (first honors = As) in almost everything!! How is this going to affect me? Also, I’m not going to receive any degree for completing these courses, does it matter?
- I’m taking an online Kaplan course - has anyone else done this? Was it successful?
- When entering your “experience” into the AMCAS application, you have to fill in a reference. I have one job that I really want to include…however, I do NOT want to list the reference as he made sexually inappropriate comments to me, so I gave him an earful and quit. Will it look bad to not include a reference?
- Any good resources for the application process?
There aren’t any at my uni…
Thanks so much for your help.
Ok, I’ll start with those…