Internal Medicine Boards

Passed my medicine boards. Now I am a board certified Internist!!!

This journey is pretty much complete. I have 18 months left in fellowship, take the Critical Care boards and then I am done!!!

My timeline:

1997 graduate college,

2003 found OPM and decided to try for medical school, 2005 first OPM conference,

2007 Started Medical School

2011 Graduated medical school

2014 Graduated Internal Medicine Residency/Started Fellowship

2015: Board Certified Internist.

It took THAT long. My GPA when I graduate college was 2.57. As we always say, this is a Marathon and not a sprint. It will take time. Sometimes a long time. But if you want it, then go for it.

1 Like

Hi Adoc2be, Your message is empty so what you wanna say?
Best regards

wow that’s incredible. congratulations!

I loved reading this. Thanks for sharing. I know this was six years ago but it’s still helpful to me today.

I’m curious - you did a three year IM residency and it sounds like you completed a critical care fellowship by now. How long overall did it take you to complete the CC fellowship? Does this put you in a position to function as an intensivist for med/surg ICUs?

I did do a 3 year IM residency and because I only did critical care and not pulmonary as well, the fellowship was only 2 years. I currently work in several different ICUs and while I do handle surgical ICU patients (since the ICUs are mixed), I handle the medical aspect of it.

1 Like