Interview attire...black??...skirts?

It was kinda grayish-tannish, maybe? Just put, “So neutral even he doesn’t remember the color.” New Orleans, the last week in September, it was too hot to spend all day in heavy black wool.

• Mary Renard Said:

I did interview guys who looked like they were dressed up to go to church with Grandma. They just did not look comfortable in their clothes.... and of course not many college aged men have had much occasion to wear a suit, so it's true, they don't wear it well. Mary

I suggest that everyone wear their interview clothes (especially new outfits and/or new shoes) a couple of times for a few hours each just to get comfy in them. The last thing you want to worry about during the interview are your clothes.

Cheers,

Judy

(Watching NCAA and UCLA having some serious problems.)
  • Krisss17 Said:
I definitely think that the interview stage might be an area where a nontrad has a better chance to shine...I mean, how many of us, have not gone through multiple job interviews, learning as we go along.

I agree! I'm hoping my experience interviewing for everything from pageants to research fellowships carries me through!!!

But I have to conceed that last year, I had a few interviews that really sucked with women interviewers and I'm sure some of the women here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Suitwise, I'll probably go with tailered black pants but wear a matching colored shirt/suit jacket combo. Or I'll wear a black suit with a fusha colored top.