Interview thread (to keep things tidy)

I like tidy…
Anyway I know I have questions about secondaries, and than stuff about interviews…So if I start this thread maybe it will be easier? If not I guess this thread can just die peacefully…
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9

Amy way to go!

ex-lurker
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9

Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24

Way to go you guys!
ex-lurker
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9

Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
pushkin
Hopkins - september

We’re on a roll! Let’s hope this becomes a really long thread!
ex-lurker
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7

Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
pushkin
Hopkins - september

ex-lurker
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
MCO - 10/??

pushkin
Hopkins - september

ex-lurker
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
MCO - 10/??
UCincinnati - 10/4
pushkin
Hopkins - september

Quote:

ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
MCO - 10/??
UCincinnati - 10/4
pushkin
Hopkins - september

Good luck with ETSU; always good to get that first interview out of the way. Looks like you’re going to have a busy October!

ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
Virginia Commonwealth - 10/18
pushkin
Hopkins - september

ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
Virginia Commonwealth - 10/18
pushkin
Hopkins - september

rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4

Hey, I got back from my first interview. I had an absolutely great time. I’ve got a whole new enthusiasm for (hopefully) starting med school now! I went to ICU rounds in the morning with my student host, and then to grand rounds with a visiting student from England. I got to meet patients, residents, and even the attending doctor in the ICU. It was fascinating, and also touching, to hear about each of the patients and their illnesses. Everyone was so nice! I also met students who were doing 5 year MPH/MD programs and everyone seemed enthusiastic about that, which I was really glad to see. Here I spend so much of my time worrying that my interests are pretty far out there, and then I get to meet people who share them, so that was great. My student and faculty interviews seemed to go well too. We talked about working with patients as well as research and career opportunities, which was so exciting! (It was such a needed relief from my previous trivial concerns about which shoes to wear. It was nice to elevate things back to their proper level finally.) Of course I have no idea how well it went objectively, but even if I don’t get into the school, I’m so much more psyched about medical school than I was even just a couple weeks ago.
I just wanted to share this because it’s so easy to get nervous before an interview. But really they should just be a great experience for everyone, I now see. Good luck to everyone on your upcoming interviews–just go and have fun!

A Question: Those of you who have received interviews thus far - did you complete your secondary application files with LOR’s before receiving those interview invitations? Or did you receive invitations to interview before LOR’s/a secondary was submitted?

I know this thread is keeping track of interviews, but is anyone else out there being OCD like myself? I’m obsessively checking SDN and this forum to see who’s gotten interviews as I’m still very anxiously waiting to hear anything!
This is my second go-round and I’m probably more worried this time about hearing back from schools. Didn’t know if anyone else was in the same boat and wanted to commiserate… Sorry to spread my angst, but congratulations to those of you who have heard/gone to interview already!!

OCD?

No interviews here. 9 secondaries submitted, all are awaiting one last LOR to arrive.

Yes, that’s me. In order to occupy my mind & time, I’m taking a course through work (Baylor College of Med-- Virology, audit only) just to keep sane. I have a dim view of my chances–outside of #s, I look excellent, but my #s may keep me out. First time applicant.

I know exactly what you mean! Numerically my applications aren’t dismal…just average. In fact, last year I was told by several places that I wasn’t selected because GPA was just mediocre… I had really hoped that they would consider the fact that my undegrad GPA is 10 years old and that all of my new post-bacc work was 3.7… But evidently they don’t look that closely…

Hence my OCD routine of checking my e-mail every morning, followed by a check of SDN and OPM, then anxiously waiting fo the mail to come in the afternoon. I think I may be giving myself an ulcer! If I weren’t so tapped out financially, I would take a class just so I wouldn’t think about it constantly… Oh well, enough woe-is-me! Thanks for sharing!

I got an interview with East Carolina (and a reject from Wake Forest, but who’s counting…)! I only applied to 4 schools, one of which I ruled out shortly afterward, so I’m down to ECU and UNC (which I haven’t heard from at all other than an acknowledgement that they received my amcas app.). So I’m pretty excited about getting an interview.
Wish me luck!
–Alison

Good luck!

YEA Allison!
I am so excited for you! Be careful driving out to Greenville. You may pass it if you’re zoning out. (Small town)HAHA
So…when is it?
BTW, Carolina JUST started interviews last week, so I am sure you’re in the queue. If you don’t hear from them in 4 weeks contact Randee Alston. She is a gem!
Danielle