GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
Virginia Commonwealth - 10/18
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
Johns Hopkins, U of Chicago, UConn, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Iowa, Northwestern, UCLA (Dec.), UPenn, Dartmouth (Dec.), NYU (Dec.), Minnesota (Dec.)
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
U of Iowa - To Be Scheduled
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
MCO (Medical College of Ohio)- 1/13
Wright State 12/15

Yay–I have something very exciting to add! I got invited to an interview at McGill. After ages of no news on the interview front, and virtual hostility from certain schools in the northeast…
By the way, Boeing, we’ve now got 2 OPMers who will have visited Iowa! Good luck at your interview there.
Good luck to everyone, in fact. We have to keep our enthusiasm up through the holidays. (Yep, it’s me saying that, the one with the perpetual bad attitude )
ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
Johns Hopkins, U of Chicago, UConn, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Iowa, Northwestern, UCLA, UPenn, NYU, Minnesota, Dartmouth (Jan.), McGill (Jan.)
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23

Thanks pushkin…The date of my interview is now firmed up, I’ll be going on 2/2. Should be an interesting experience. Now, if only OHSU would call.
Congratulations on McGill!

It is time to eat some of my mean words from yesterday. The hostility was not coming from the east coast, but from the west coast, as you’ll see in my next post in a different thread. One last update here, and I think I’m done interviewing forever (unless I hear from Toronto and someone gives me a plane ticket).
ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
Johns Hopkins, U of Chicago, UConn, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Iowa, Northwestern, UCLA, UPenn, NYU, Minnesota, Dartmouth (Jan.), McGill (Jan.), Harvard (Jan.)
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23

Hi You Rock Stars!
I’ve been watching this list and been so enthused and impressed with everyone’s success!! congratulations to you all! I’ve got a question related to my own situation that I’d love to throw out there in the direction of y’all’s collective vast experience…i hope this thread is an okay place to do it…
I took the august mcat, so am a “late bloomer”, i like to think, with regard to interviews. However, thus far i’ve been invited no where, and all 2ndaries have been in since october & november… how bad is no news, you think?
hopefully, but open to reality check,
yana

Hi there,

Things in admissions offices get geared back up about the second week of January. There is still plenty of time especially if you took MCAT in August. Many schools interview up through April and May so don’t lose hope unless you are holding a rejection letter.

This is a good time to work on your Plan B (what you will do if you don’t get accepted this year). It always works out that the more elaborate your plan B, the greater your chances of acceptance. Working on your Plan B keeps you from getting crazy everytime you go to the mailbox.

Everything happens for a reason and if nothing else, you learn patience from this process. It is nice that folks are getting acceptances but don’t ‘beat up’ on yourself if you haven’t heard anything yet. You are still in the running and later application generally means later interview and acceptance. Keep positive and work out to calm your nerves.

Good luck!

Natalie

Thanks Natalie!!
Can’t tell you how helpful it is to hear your words! I’ll keep hoping, while running and plan B-ing and C-ing and D-ing…Thanks for helping me cushion the end of this year with a little reality! (And I hope you have a bit of time off, yourself!)
Cheers, sincerely,
yana

ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
Johns Hopkins, U of Chicago, UConn, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Iowa, Northwestern, UCLA, UPenn, NYU, Minnesota, Dartmouth (Jan.), McGill (Jan.), Harvard (Jan.)
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
Wright State - 12/15
NEOUCOM (Northeast Ohio Universities COM)- 1/4

Yanita,
For what it’s worth, I was an August MCATer, too (applied for class of 2002), and didn’t have any interviews until March-- and I still ended up getting several interviews and acceptances. Don’t give up hope!
Epidoc

ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
ECU - 1/31
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
Wright State - 12/15

If you get in to ECU will go there instead of Brampton?
DRD

Finally got the date for my UNC interview. It’s January 19th. As long and drawn out as this process is anyway, knowing that NOTHING was going on during the 2-3 week winter break for Christmas was torture. I’m glad all the admissions people are back at their desks now!
–Alison

At long last, I got the interview invite to Ohio State. Five of five.
ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
pushkin
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
Wright State - 12/15
Ohio State - 2/23

Amy, I declined OSU; so, hopefully you will get the oldpremeds.org slot! Good luck.
ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
Ohio State - 2/23 (declined)
pushkin
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
U Michigan - March
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
Wright State - 12/15
Ohio State - 2/23

Recieved an email for an interview today. I thought they were long done handing these out, and just forgot me somewhere along the way (I haven’t heard a peep from them since September)
ex-lurker
ETSU- This week
St. Louis U -9/21
U of Kentucky -10/9
KCUMB - 10/7
GWU- 10/?
Crazy Horse
Wright State - 8/24
UCincinnati - 10/4
MCO - 10/11
UPittsburgh - 1/10
Ohio State - 2/23 (declined)
pushkin
rsmit9
Loyola - 10/4
Wash U - November
Rush - Jan
Northwestern - Jan
U Michigan - March
Cornell - TBD
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/16
VCOM 12/13
PCOM-Atlanta 12/6
Seacatch
NYCOM 12/7
Boeing
KCOM - 11/4
DMUCOM - 11/5
Marciah
ECU - 12/6
alisonhester
Chapel Hill
Amy_Beaupre
Cincinnati - 11/23
Wright State - 12/15
Ohio State - 2/23

Quote:

Recieved an email for an interview today. I thought they were long done handing these out, and just forgot me somewhere along the way (I haven’t heard a peep from them since September)

Congrats! I really liked that place–hope you do too.
Speaking of interviews, unless the Queen of England calls me for a personal interview at Oxford, a place I didn’t even apply, I think I am done. I might just burn my interview suit now. Well, maybe I will wait til March just in case. Anyone want to join me?

Well, I have had an interview at Michigan scheduled for 4 March since SEPTEMBER! So I have had to keep everything together till then. Funny, I just recieved an email from them yesterday saying how much they were looking forward to meeting me, they still have a very active admit process, blah blah blah. I think they must have problems with people cancelling out after so long.

Pushkin,
I am with you 100%. Time to burn the suit… or at least hide it for a while and not wear it… and I think my feet have been permanently remodeled by heels!!!blech!
I went to the last interview that I was invited to thus far on Monday… and I don’t have any intention of accepting any more should I get any… all done.
and now, we wait.
Andrea
who is planning on LECOM-B unless plans change.

I’m not going to burn my interview suit until I hear back from OHSU…

and i actually did get one interview - it just happened to be at my top choice school so now i get to talk about how fun it is to wait n’ see!! (as i contemplate a strategy for re-applying next year…how jumbling to your sensibilities can this process be?!) sorry i haven’t learned how to add to existing posts…but i donned my TJ Maxx suit for U Washington last friday.
Thanks for the words of encouragement back there in january!