Interviewing Season Has Begun, Is my name on the List?

While, I just finished a summer research program at my med school of first choice. I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to walk the hallways and picture myself attending school there.

My last two weeks there were the beginning of interview season. I can feel the excitement in the air. As I passed a group of interviewees in the halls, I saw the look of hope and expectation on their faces. They all were dressed in BLACK. There were a couple of gray suits. They were all very young. I wanted to stop them and scream “Congratulations! You made it to the second round. Do great. Smile big…”

As I walked passed the admissions office, my heart would pound like crazy and nervousness would set in. I would review the long list of applicants that were chosen and pray that before Dec 2009, my name would be on that list. I finally go the nerves to go in and speak with the admission’s assist., to get some ends and out on how that list was selected. She reassured me those were the applicants that got their applications in earlier. She stated to this date they have recieved a little over 1000 applications and they have filled interviews up until mid August. So, there were a lot of slots left.

My application had been in to TMDSAS since July 8th and now I am waiting on my LOR to get in there. Hopefully, my instructors and mentor will have them in by the end of this week.

As I practice the art of “The Secret” (imagining receiving my letter in the mail to interview and interviewing well), I pray that the admissions deans remember me, because I have had a lot of face time with them, I anxiously await my letter inviting me to interview.

I’ll let you guys know when my name gets on THE LIST… This is exciting…