Intro

I posted this earlier another area. I think it was in the wrong area after reading some more posts. Sorry, to the moderater. Ok I am going to try to make this thing brief. I am 29yr old and have decided, after much debate to become a MD. Problem is that I did not do great in college. I was a teen mom, worked 40+ hours a week and just wanted to get through college to give my son a better life. I did not know what I wanted to do so I just got by with 2.5gpa and a BS in Justice Studies. a husband and 3 kids later I have decided that when my youngest goes to school in 2 1/2 years that I want to do something that I have always wanted to do. I have taken most of the preq. but will definitely need to take them all over and I have not taken the MCAT. I did work in an emergency work in Phx for 4 years while going to school. I have a lot of experience w/ the medical field with my kids and pregnancies because of illnesses, diseases and numerous long stints in various hospitals and treatment for my kids at home. Money and time are not issues. My dh is a professional athlete who will be retiring and staying home with the kids while I search for my higher calling I want to know how do I get started. Should go for a 2nd undergrad degree since my gpa SUCKS, should I get a Masters? I know I need to retake the preques and kick BUTT on the MCAT. I am willing to go ANY medical school that will accept me. Any and ALL advise, even the bad stuff, will be GREATLY appreciated.HELPPPPPPPP!!!

Hey Mari,
See your original post for my thoughts.

I moved the original thread over here - we can close this one and just continue on that one smile.gif