Introduction - New to this Site

Hi. First of all Wow! I never knew there were so many non traditional students in premed programs. I came across this site by accident today but am glad that I did.
I have seriously been considering going to medical school for awhile, but have been discouraged because of my age (34 now). At this point, if I start taking my premed classes, the earliest I’ll be able to go to med school will probably be at the age of 36 or 37. My husband and I also want to start a family soon.
However, after seeing the posts on this site, I now have the confidence that it is possible for me to acheive my dream of becoming a doctor even at this age. So thank you to the founders and the contributors of this site. Now I need to figure out the steps I need to take to acheive this goal. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Glad you’re here! Look forward to your posts!

Welcome! Its great to have you here and I’m looking forward to your posts

Welcome. I am also 34 and new to this site as well. I find it very motivating especially at times when i feel discouraged by age, others, and the road ahead. But the people and the posts here keep me going. Remember, set little well-done milestones and you’ll be on your way. Good luck.
-Charlie