Introduction

Greetings! My name is Greg Manship. At the ripe age of 51, I am ready to actualize my pursuit of osteopathic medical education. The journey through application preparation will no doubt bring its share of trials and tribulations, given that I am over 20 years removed from my last formal educational experience in basic and medical sciences. Nevertheless, since that time I have earned two graduate degrees and am working a third in Health Care Ethics, so I am a life-long learner. And with the prospect of a new College of Osteopathic Medicine in Indianapolis, my desire is to contribute to the establishment and expansion of osteopathic medical education here in my home town. So, I am ready to learn from anyone who is willing to share their counsel with me.

Welcome, Greg. Congrats on all your past and future accomplishments. Best wishes as you move forward.

Hello!

I have no wise counsel to share, but I wanted to say hello since I am also in Indy. Although I have not yet decided on whether to pursue med school, I was heartened to hear about the new osteopathic program! It’s great to have another option, and I am hoping that it might be more friendly to non-trads than IUSM.

I look forward to hearing more about your journey