Joe, I'm with Mac!

Hey JP, remember all the grief you gave me about my Win XP box?
“I’m back in Mac”. I’m typing this from my new iBook G4.
Just thought I’d let you know I’m back in the fold. I bought this new laptop almost 20 years to the date after I bought my first Mac. My, how things have changed.
Take care,
Jeff

TRAITOR!
Hey…seriously, do you still see ole Mike Haas around? Tell him that we OPMers miss him & wish him well. Do you know where he matched?
Now for you…excited about becoming a SENIOR??? You still vested in becoming an EM Doc? How’s things down that in Houston/Galveston?
You gonna make Denver?

Howdy Dave!
Great to hear from you. I hope things up in the (seriously) north land are going well. Tell Wendy howdy for me. I trust she’s still keeping you in line?
I’m kicking off the last vestigages of third year as quickly as I can. I’m entering into my last week of my family medicine clerkship (sniff, sniff) and have but pediatrics left to go. I’m doing my FM rotation in a rural clinic with a friend of mine and am having the time of my life. Having said that, its still EM all the way for me. I’m in the process of setting up four months of EM rotations next year and just can’t wait.
I do see Mike every once in awhile around the hospital. He had to take some time off and will be matching with my class. He showed up in some of our surgery lectures and seemed to be doing well. I’ll tell him that you’re going to come down here and kick his butt if he doesn’t stick his head in here from time to time.
Take care,
Jeff

Quote:

Howdy Dave!
Great to hear from you. I hope things up in the (seriously) north land are going well. Tell Wendy howdy for me. I trust she’s still keeping you in line?
I’m kicking off the last vestigages of third year as quickly as I can. I’m entering into my last week of my family medicine clerkship (sniff, sniff) and have but pediatrics left to go. I’m doing my FM rotation in a rural clinic with a friend of mine and am having the time of my life. Having said that, its still EM all the way for me. I’m in the process of setting up four months of EM rotations next year and just can’t wait.
I do see Mike every once in awhile around the hospital. He had to take some time off and will be matching with my class. He showed up in some of our surgery lectures and seemed to be doing well. I’ll tell him that you’re going to come down here and kick his butt if he doesn’t stick his head in here from time to time.
Take care,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Can I talk you into Surgery? I’m sitting here in the VA Spa after a day and night and day from H–L but I did some great stuff. Fixed a couple of hernias and intubated a patient who respiratory arrested in the ICU. Got another patient who is critically ill and I have maxed out on every pressor available in the state; still his BP is now 60/40 and his pH is 7.008 on maximum vent settings.
I wish I had an iBook
Natalie

Quote:

Hey Jeff,
Can I talk you into Surgery?
I wish I had an iBook
Natalie

Howdy Natalie!
Surgery, huh? Actually, it wouldn’t be that hard. If, for some reason, I couldn’t do EM, I’d have to think awfully hard about surgery. I really like my trauma surgery rotation but my general surgery was pretty boring. I suspect that is because, as a student, I got to hold retractors through whipple after whipple after peustow after whipple and wasn’t, shall we say, intellectually engaged.
Of course, surgery still has rounds. I hate rounding, although surgery rounds are MUCH more to my liking that medicine rounds.
Actually, the real reason I’m in medical school is to be an EMS medical director and EM will give me the best preparation for that.
This iBook, BTW, really is cool!
Take care,
Jeff