July anyone? Just Registered

Just registered for July 16. I didn’t really want to test so late, but all the June dates are filled in my area, and I don’t think I’ll be ready by May. I want to focus on a strong finish this semester.

The good news is that I am not going to work or take classes between May 8 and June 8…Teaching a summer class starting in June, but I’ll have all of May to focus. I plan to have the rest of the application complete by the time I take the test.

The test center is about an hour away from my house and I’m taking the 8:00am administration. I think I’m going to get a hotel room the night before, so I don’t have to worry about traffic.

Who else is battling this monster in July?

I’m writing July 8th. My MCAT course finishes Jun 30th so I have a week to mentally get ready. I am only focusing on the MCAT once my exams are over in the next week.

Good luck

Lynda

Any idea when the AMCAS application opens this year?

web site says around May 4th

Yes, May 4. I have tested well in practice, and overall I believe I generally test well, so I plan to submit the app before my MCAT scores come in.

I am taking it May 21st!!! It is quickly approaching, nerves are starting to tingle just a bit; no huge panic attacks yet. I have a friend that suggested if it is not going well to stand up in the middle of the exam, snap my pencil in half and say, “Ahem, it was my understanding there would be no math…”

I love it! I’m going to remember that in the middle of the test and people are going to wonder what I’m laughing about.

So I just found out today that there are a couple spots open at my closest testing center in June…which is when I was wanting to take it anyway. I guess somebody changed their mind because there weren’t any June spots when I dropped all that dough last week lol. Now I’m trying to decide if I should just stick with the July date. hmmm.