June '08 MCAT

Hi there. Due to some issues out of my control, I was unable to sign up for the May 31 MCAT. Which I guess has the hidden benefit of extending prep time.

I’m waiting for the June dates to be enabled on the AMCAS website. The situation is that I’ll be submitting my AMCAS application on June as well. The testing date in June is the 13th (yep, Friday the 13th ), so I’m guessing scores will be available mid-July.

Does this completely reduce the competi-tiveness of my application? (Yes, granted I understand that a stellar score can overcome a slightly later test date).

I don’t think it even slightly reduces the competitiveness. Even assuming they don’t improve turnaround times (was a month last year; I think they’re shooting for 2 weeks now), your MCAT will be in as of mid July, and your AMCAS should be complete before schools even start interviewing. It’s good that you’re so motivated to be early . Just don’t fall into the trap of beating yourself up over the little things.

One thing I would keep an eye on is balancing your time. Studying for the MCAT at the same time as completing my AMCAS (mostly the Personal Statement, after 54 revisions) was something of a stressor.

• ipitydafoo Said:
Hi there. Due to some issues out of my control, I was unable to sign up for the May 31 MCAT. Which I guess has the hidden benefit of extending prep time.

I'm waiting for the June dates to be enabled on the AMCAS website. The situation is that I'll be submitting my AMCAS application on June as well. The testing date in June is the 13th (yep, Friday the 13th ), so I'm guessing scores will be available mid-July.

Does this completely reduce the competi-tiveness of my application? (Yes, granted I understand that a stellar score can overcome a slightly later test date).

Make sure that you have your AMCAS ready to go before your MCAT scores come out, and you'll be fine. What might make you late is if you wait to start doing AMCAS until after you get your scores back.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yea, the plan is to multi-task throughout May/June and have AMCAS in a ready state going into early June.