Just a hello

I’m on of those who has been lurking in the shadows of this site for a couple of years. Like many others, the urge to practice medicine keeps grabbing a hold of me. I’m 30 years old. I dropped out of high school, got my GED, started pre med in 2001, Aced a lot of the science classes and then hit some road bumps. Through some twists and turns I graduated 2005 with a BS in Business. I’m currently a manager at a bank and I’m one class away from my MBA. I also have some financial certifications.

The only problem is that I’ve never stopped wanting to be a doctor. I just felt like it was too late for all these years. I’m not sure if it will ever go away.

Anyways, I like to visit this site to know that I’m not alone.

Hi Ray,

welcome and good luck. Being in the banking business perhaps you will figure out some great financial packages for yourself to help you through the road ahead.

Have fun, and like we always say, enjoy the ride!

Well I would build some assets while you are in the banking sector and then start studying again. Some here start at age 37 (with kids!) so age shouldn’t be the obstacle. If you got assets, money shouldn’t be the obstacle. Actually I am really happy for you that after all this Business BS and MBA you still feel the urge to be a doctor. A friend of mine use to work for corporate America until his mid twenties and then started Med School.

Welcome to OPM!