Just Introducing Myself

I have been lurking on this board for a couple of months so I guess it’s time to say Hi! I really enjoy reading all of the stories on here. It is a great inspiration to all of us at the starting line.

For a little background info, I have not yet completed my undergrad degree. I have some of my gen ed courses completed with decent grades. I was on a pretty good roll until my husband was offered a promotion in south Florida and we had to leave just 1 week shy of my finals. Because of this I have an F in Ant./Phys., Microbio and a math…ouch! BUT that is what had to happen so now I am waiting out my year so that I can pay resident tuition here in Florida. I am so ready to jump back into school.

I have been on a lot of different paths in the last 12 years but none that I really wanted to be on or that felt right. Sonography, nursing, blah blah blah…I also owned my own flower business which I closed when my daughter was born. Now I am ready to commit to being a doctor. I really can’t think of anything else I could settle for doing.

I am a 30 year old stay at home mom, married with two kids 4 and almost 3. At this point, I feel like the only person on here without a degree of some kind! But I guess you have to start somewhere!

There are definitely others on here without a degree, myself included. I had 8 credits from 15 years ago when I started my journey to med school 3 years ago. Now I’m applying this cycle (for 2012)! I’m also older than you - 36. The time sure does fly! Welcome aboard and good luck!!

I’m working on my undergrad, too! I have many credits, but no degree yet! I went to school on and off in my 20’s. Returned a year ago part time while going through a divorce and with a young daughter. I thought I was a nursing major, but my love and fascination with medicine has been a lifelong thing for me so I am now, at 34, switching to a BIO major and working on premed for sure now.

I’m a single mom to a 2 1/2 yr old and I have a 3.95 gpa while also working so it can be done!

You’re not alone and you are actually one of the younger ones here.

Keep your focus. Slow and steady is okay and don’t let anyone tell you you cannot do it!

Shannon

Thanks! It’s great to know I’m not alone!

DEFINITELY not the only one here without a degree. I just finished roughly my Sophomore year.