Kahn Academy

Anyone only mainly Kahn Academy for their MCAT studying? I am a mental health therapist at at not for profit hospital here in Kansas City with two kids, so we are not swimming in money for an MCAT class. I know that AAMC partnered with Kahn Academy but I didn’t know if anyone had used this as their main course of study.

I have not but will be using it for my prep. I also bought the Kaplan books for myself over the course of a year and have been studying those. I think the big advantage of the classes is that they expose you to the strategies that people employ when taking the MCAT. But you can also learn those strategies from review books. Wiki Pre-Med is also an excellent prep site in my opinion.

I’m not only using the Khan Academy videos, but I am using them along with my Kaplan and EK books. Honestly, I don’t think they would be good to use alone as the practice questions will often include topics not covered in the videos. They are definitely still worth using, however!

@alyciahhhh wrote:

I’m not only using the Khan Academy videos, but I am using them along with my Kaplan and EK books. Honestly, I don’t think they would be good to use alone as the practice questions will often include topics not covered in the videos. They are definitely still worth using, however!

This is the route I’m taking, although I just started content review this week. I have the Kaplan 7 book set, and a few of the EK books. I’ve been incorporating a few of the KA passages each day after reading/note taking, and I try to use the videos to help explain any topics that I’m not familiar with that come up on the passages. Sometimes there are topics tested that aren’t covered in KA videos, so I will look them up in Kaplan books, or just google them and read up/take notes/add a few cards to my Anki deck

I used Khan Academy and Crash Course on Youtube to study for the MCAT and did well with a 508. I recognized two passages on Khan Academy practice section that was reused on the MCAT, which I thought was pretty weird. More than anything, you should read science articles and understand how to read figures and why they did certain steps.