Life change has begun!!!

Since I am a year away from applying and, god willing, 2 years from starting medical school I decided to really get into gear with my weight.
I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and this week, my total weight loss is 5.4 pounds
My goal is to look good for school and make the other girls jealous of my wife
only 64 more pounds to go!!!

Woohoo! Weight Watchers worked well for me, too. I’m still fiddling with how often I have to journal now that I’m at goal, but it’s a nice problem to have. Might as well make all the positive life changes at once. If nothing else, you’ll find out if it really IS possible for your head to explode!
Denise

Ha! I’m on Day 1 of Project SlimRunt.
I’m sitting here starving cause I had a Slimfast shake for lunch and I left my snack bar in the car.
The only good thing is that my husband is doing this with me.
And my second car (aka bicycle) is my exercise plan for school!

Chubby future doctors UNITE!

I am doing the same thing. I am a former runner. I’ve turned into the “house that Krispy Creme built” since being in school. I know I can’t be effective as a medical student in my current physical condition. So I’m starting now. I am glad I am not alone in having to do this. Gabelerman thank you for posting. We’re all in this together!

What a riot, I just started to diet a week and a half ago. I am doing the South Beach diet and I have lost 5 pounds so far. Apparently you get fast results in phase one (two weeks) then the weight loss slows as you add “good” carbs back into your diet. I feel great and I am hungry at mealtimes and snack times… so that is terrif. The only big cheat so far… walking into Krispy Kreme (that was my big mistake…) and eating a few donuts…
I guess I couldn’t tackle dealing with the baby pounds I have got to get rid of (since the baby is 18 months there is really no excuse…) and studying for finals at the same time. I am ready now.

Hi
I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing. How goes the plan?

Good for you!! With my January start looming (less than 26 weeks!!) I too, have started watching what I eat and exercising (outdid my skinny hubby!) I’ve lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks!! I would say WOO HOO, except I could lose more than most people weigh!! Seriously, I want to have no problems standing in anatomy lab. Maybe we should all check in with each other to cheer ourselves on!!
Kathy

Plan is going well. 6 weeks and 6.4 pounds lighter. I just signed up for the next 12 week run.

I actually gained a bit. Sigh. So it was back to journaling yesterday, and I’m looking for more fun, amusing, and tasty zero-point veggies. The more veggies I eat, the happier I am.

I would love to be a cheerleader!!! Way to go guys!
I have been down this road (even did a bodybuilding show) and still have to journal to stay on top of things, elst the Doritos & pasta consumption is too too much!