Limited clinical bc no car in college! Will they be understanding about this?

I am in my senior year as an out-of-state undergraduate student and I have not had a car while I have been in college to travel to clinical and volunteer. I have shadowed and gotten as much clinical and volunteering as I could in the times I was home but that means I don’t have a lot of hours. How do I present this on my application and will they be understanding about it?

Be honest with your circumstances in your personal statement but at the same time I think it’s important to show that you have tried your best. There are virtual shadowing opportunities and other non-clinical volunteer opportunities that don’t require transportation. Be creative and show that you’re dedicated to serving others no matter your circumstances.

I second @thenontradmed’s recommendation about virtual shadowing. I’ve done some virtual shadowing through Web Shadowers and PreHealthShadowing. The doctors often give case presentations so it’s a great way to gain an understanding of medical terminology and clinical presentations.