Looking for Admissions Counseling

Hello everyone!

I’m new to this forum and was hoping to find some recommendations for an admissions counseling service or a specific person. I’m 25/f and have already enjoyed a very strong career in IT, along with a husband, a baby, three step kids and a dog. I was a triple major in college (finance/quantitative economics/biochemistry) and wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself when I graduated… so I ended up in consulting, and here I am in IT management five years later, looking to go to med school.

I have an OK college GPA (it’s been 5 years), strong MCAT score, some research experience with a few publications, a number of non-med extracurricular activities, as well as a year of hospital volunteering and a bit of shadowing. I would like to apply to MD/PhD programs, specifically University of Colorado and a few other schools (which I need help selecting).

Can anyone recommend someone that might be a good fit? Would you recommend for/against using a major company like Kaplan? Are you a consultant who can help?

Thanks!

Z.

zoya, when I look at your post, the banner ad below it is for Judy Colwell, a fabulous independent pre-med advisor who has been active in our forums, and at our conferences, for years. I am proud to recommend her as a colleague and a friend.

www.judycolwell.com

Mary

Thanks Mary! I saw the ad and emailed Judy yesterday. I hope to hear from her soon! Thank you for your recommendation!