Lost my mom

This past Friday my mom passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. I think I’m still in complete shock. She’s always been my biggest cheer leader as I’ve gone through this process of being a non trad pre-med student. I’ve always just taken it for granted that she’d be there for the big days like finding out MCAT scores, getting interview letters, white coat ceremony and graduations. Medicine has always been a dream for myself, but at the same time I really wanted to make her proud of me as well.

Please keep her in your thoughts, as well as her parents (both still living), my children (her grandkids) and my siblings. It’s been a terrible loss for all of us.

Peace be with you at the very difficult time for you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family, and my prayers go out to all of you.

She was there to help you start this journey and she will be there with you, in your heart, when you complete it. She will be there always in what she taught you as a loving daughter. I am sure that much of that will come out when you are compassionately caring for patients as a physician. I hope that will give you some solace as you move forward on this journey.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Erica. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Layne

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know that there are no words to comfort you during this time.

Please accept my sympathy. My mom died last Autumn just after I started my first year. It was difficult to refocus on school with my family so much in the forefront of my thoughts and emotions. It gives me comfort knowing that she lived to see me begin my program. I hope you will find similar solace in short order. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

You and your family are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.