Lost my PDA....has this ever happened to you?

Yup, lost the darn thing. Can’t believe it. Have any of you ever done something as stupid as this? Come on… make me feel better!!

Once, I locked my keys in my car and left it running all day. I didn’t find out until I left work and couldn’t find my keys and went outside and, hey!
I had to call a friend to rescue me.
Consider yourself out-stupided.
I’m not competitive or anything.

Ok, that’s a good one… right up there with my sister who did the same thing, but when she came out of her three hour meeting, the car was running AND the doors were WIDE open! Good thing she lives in a small town!

We all do stupid things. It is what keeps us going.
Have you found it yet?

Quote:

Yup, lost the darn thing. Can’t believe it. Have any of you ever done something as stupid as this? Come on… make me feel better!!

I’ve never lost mine (misplaced them once in a while) but I have had one (Visor Edge) fail unexpectedly. My first two (Palm-III’s) failed slowly (wore out).
I’d recommend the Tungsten-E if you’re shopping. With a 256 MB memory card, under $250 most places. If you had a palm OS device before, you can just plug the new one in and sync, you don’t even have to reinstall software.

It was a Dell Axim. Really a nice little thing… I miss it… I had to tell my hubby eventually and I imagine we will replace it with the same. It had built in Wifi that hooked up with our home network. Sweet. I did also spill liquid on it and had to completely reboot the thing. I need one of those titanium cases. And A bungy cord I guess! I have all the other stuff (cradle, charger, foldable keyboard) not to mention a Dell type hubby who does all the programming.

“Have any of you ever done something as stupid as this? Come on… make me feel better!!”
This should make you feel a LOT better!
I have done all of the following very stupid things:
1. Locked my keys in my car while it was running, late at night while out of town–the police had to rescue me!
2. Gotten “arrested” in the little strip of no-man’s-land between the US and Canada, when I told a friend who was visiting me from Europe that “passports aren’t needed to get into Canada–the border’s just a couple of orange cones! I bet they’ll let us cross.” Well, that may be true for American citizens, but this was the week after September 11, and what we forgot to worry about was, how about getting a foreigner back into the US with no ID?! Turned out to be a problem.
3. Once got a parking ticket while parked illegally at the Department of Motor Vehicles, where I was inside trying to dispute a previous parking ticket.
4. Lost the keys to my dad’s boat by dropping them in the lake.
5. Missed an overseas flight because I thought it was Sunday when it was actually Monday. (No, I didn’t have the date of the ticket wrong, I was a whole day behind everyone!)
Now, I’m just hoping that I’m right, and today is Thursday, NOT Friday, and the MCAT is actually on Saturday, two days from now. I have three friends involved in helping me get there on time–one to call and wake me up, and two to come by and pick me up and take me to breakfast beforehand, so I won’t miss it!
So, don’t feel too stupid…

Quote:

Come on… make me feel better!!

I lost mine but found it again … in my purse. My purse is neither big nor overstuffed, but I managed to miss it three weeks straight. Turns out there are a couple of pockets in there I didn’t know I had.

Here’s mine:
Was flying from Minneapolis to Lincoln, Nebraska to see a friend. I arrived early at the airport and started doing one of those ‘logic problem’ books. Since this was just a little puddle jumper flight, the waiting area at the gate was tiny. I looked at my watch after a while and realized it was 30 minutes AFTER the flight was scheduled to leave. I went to the desk to ask what’s up. The lady said “Are you Mr. Smith? We’ve been paging you for half an hour. The flight finally left 5 minutes ago”. I guess you can say I can stay focused . . . . .

No, I have never lost a PDA but that is only because I don’t use one. I have done plenty of stupid things, however, including dropping a cell phone and pager (two separate incidents) in toilets. This is very bad for them, if you were wondering.

Quote:

“Have any of you ever done something as stupid as this? Come on… make me feel better!!”

Now, I’m just hoping that I’m right, and today is Thursday, NOT Friday, and the MCAT is actually on Saturday, two days from now. I have three friends involved in helping me get there on time–one to call and wake me up, and two to come by and pick me up and take me to breakfast beforehand, so I won’t miss it!
So, don’t feel too stupid…

Err, Dave? The MCAT was LAST week j/k