Louisville Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Med Program

Does anyone have any personal experience or any info on the Louisville post-baccalaureate premed program which they could share? I tried looking on various forums but couldn’t find recent information. I will list some of the highlights of the program. I have been invited for an interview and was hoping to see if I could get a picture of how many people get interviews vs into the programs. Also, I have never been to a interview like this so if anyone has tips I would highly appreciate it.

Post-bac Pre-med Program ( http://louisville.edu/medicine/degrees/post bacprem… )

-20 seats

-1.5-2 year program

-Assured Admission with UofL School of Med -=-Must have 3.5+, 28 on MACT, certain interview score

-Classes with undergrad

-Seems to offer extensive personalized advising, very structured program (require logged community service hours, mandatory frequent postbac meetings)

I found some stats they posted online:

• Quote:
Program Graduates (As of May 2013)

35 of approximately 70 students have graduated from our program between May 2011 - May 2013

19 of approximately 70 students are currently enrolled in the program (not including the new Fall 2013 students)

16 of approximately 70 are no longer enrolled in the program (e.g., withdrew, dismissed,etc.)

Medical School Acceptances

As of the entering 2013 medical school class, 37 students applied to medical school, 29 (78%) were accepted and 28 (75%) are currently enrolled. *One declined offer and is currently reapplying.

http://louisville.edu/medicine/degrees/post bacprem...

Thanks in advance

vtgrad24,

I am not familiar with this particular post-baccalaureate program, but it sounds great. Congrats on the interview! I am looking into different programs myself. Any updates you can share about your experiences?

Nicole

Thank you! I don’t have too much to share yet about the Louisville program because my interview is on Friday, but I will post about the experience once its over. I was able to chat a recent graduate of the program on another website and he told me everyone in his post-bac class made the gpa requirement but about 25% had trouble with the MCATs.

On a side note, I found out yesterday that I was accepted into the NYU post bac program. But I haven’t been able to find much information about the program online.

If you have any questions in particular, let me know. I applied to many programs; Goucher, Bryn Mawr, JHU, Scripps, Tufts, UVA, Louiveville, Columbia, JHU