Low undergrad GPA with big dreams

After earning my associates, I started to do poorly in school and was put on probation during my bachelors because of my low GPA. I transferred to a different university and finished with a 3.5 GPA there while working as a pharmacy technician for close to a year. I graduated with a bachelors in biology and a minor in chemistry my undergrad GPA is 2.5… I am going to graduate from Harvard Extension School with a masters in biology and a GPA of 3.9 and, I have a 520 MCAT score. I enjoyed working full time as a biologist while earning my masters, but I really want to be an anesthesiologist. Do I still have hope? Would a post-bacc have been a better investment instead of a masters? Please, no unnecessary rudeness I am aware my undergrad GPA is horrible.

If its not a specials masters program connected directly to a medical school than, post-bacc would’ve been better (from what i have heard). Your undergraduate GPA will still be the 2.5, leaving you under the 3.0 requirement for cGPA and sGPA. You’re MCAT score is very good and the masters GPA shows reinvention so i would recommend contacting some medical schools directly to see what they would recommend.

Hi Mary,
Questio How did you get into Harvard’s program with a low gpa? I currently have a 2.7 and I am looking into post bac and special masters to gain entrance into medical school as well. I would love to hear how you got into their program