Lower grade in Orgo II than Orgo I - not good?

The recent thread on the importance of orgo to adcoms made me really worry about my situation. I was fortunate enough to get an A in Orgo I (yay!) but I’m not doing so well this semester for Orgo II. Suddenly, there was this gush of information and mechanisms that I have to remember.

The thing is, I understand the material, it’s just that when exam time comes, all the reactions keep swimming in my head especially when I have to do a synthesis question! I keep forgetting either reagents or a mechanism step discussed previously. HELP! I’m afraid I might get a B this time, although my prof says if I ace the next midterm and the final, I might still get an A … will a B look bad considering I got an A the first time?

Any tips on studying? Third (and last) midterm coming up this Monday!

Thanks in advance!

R - E - L - A - X!! A ‘B’ is a solid grade & no where near a death sentence.

• jenniegirlm Said:
The recent thread on the importance of orgo to adcoms made me really worry about my situation. I was fortunate enough to get an A in Orgo I (yay!) but I'm not doing so well this semester for Orgo II. Suddenly, there was this gush of information and mechanisms that I have to remember.

The thing is, I understand the material, it's just that when exam time comes, all the reactions keep swimming in my head especially when I have to do a synthesis question! I keep forgetting either reagents or a mechanism step discussed previously. HELP! I'm afraid I might get a B this time, although my prof says if I ace the next midterm and the final, I might still get an A ... will a B look bad considering I got an A the first time?

Any tips on studying? Third (and last) midterm coming up this Monday!

Thanks in advance!

As OMD, said...relax! Had you said that you were failing, I would have concern...but an A and a B is very respectable.

Stop stressing about your grades...you'll do fine.

I say take a completely different approach. FREAK OUT!! Go complete ape doodoo!!! Let the fact that you won’t get an “A” completely consume you. Let the “A” be an all or nothing endeavor that means the difference between sanity and death…

Hopefully you see thru the sarcasm.