Luck smiling down, and a lesson learned...

Good morning, all! I’ve finally been through the full cycle of my classes and labs (Bio/Chem I…I am retaking Bio/Chem I & II at a community college because I already have A’s on my transcript for these classes at a 4 year but need to refresh… it’s been a while. I will move on to a 4 year for Organic and Physics.) But I digress.

Last night, I realized that the gentleman sitting right in front of me in Chemistry was also in my Biology class. So I decided to reach out and say hello… as luck would have it, it turns out that he has a masters of public health, and his bachelors is in biology with a minor in chemistry. So why is he in my classes? Well, it turns out that this guy is doing the same thing I am. Working a full time job but wanting to prep for the MCAT… so we’re on the same path. Can anybody say lab partner??? All of a sudden, I’m not so worried about chemistry, because this guy is going to be a huge resource of help…

Long story short? Lesson learned. You never know–the person sitting right next to you could turn out to be your greatest resource. But you’ll never know if you don’t ask. I’d kind of decided to just keep my head in my book and just get through these classes, since I’m not staying at this school… but I’m really glad I didn’t.

Help! Now I have HELP!! Eureka!

So reach out to those around you… you might be surprised what you find!

Yay! That’s fantastic.

I know I’ve definitely found that to be true – you never know who you’re going to meet, and who is going to help you out. And sometimes it even turns out to be a freshman or sophomore!

Great story!!!

I’ve found it also helps to not assume that because there’s an age difference between you and your classmates,you won’t find someone you’ll “click” with. Of course I listen to most of the same music as theses young guns so that’s always a convo starter as well!!!