Major/minor?

What did you pick as your major/minor and why? I’m majoring in human biological sciences and I’m not sure what exactly I’d like to minor in. So many different things interest me!

• Rohan Said:
What did you pick as your major/minor and why? I'm majoring in human biological sciences and I'm not sure what exactly I'd like to minor in. So many different things interest me!

Hi there,

I picked my majors (Biology and Analytical Chemistry) and my minors (Physics and Math) purely because I enjoyed these subjects. In terms of usefulness for medicine and if I knew for sure that I was going to end up practicing medicine, I would have majored in American Studies, minored in Spanish and taken my pre-med reqs.

Pick a subject of interest to you and do well.

njbmd

For my undergrad, I picked a major in Cognitive Psychology because it really interests me. I would have gotten a double major in French, but due to some false steps, I finished with a minor.

For my current unofficial post-bacc, I’ve declared a Molecular- and Microbiology major, mostly for access to the coursework. Also, a lot of the related coursework is really, really interesting.

• Rohan Said:
What did you pick as your major/minor and why? I'm majoring in human biological sciences and I'm not sure what exactly I'd like to minor in. So many different things interest me!

I chose Chem Eng because I liked chemistry and applied science. Little did I know that these weren't the best reasons to choose a field. Anyways, if I had to go back, I'd study something I thought I'd get high grades in without too much effort and take the pre-reqs.

I’m planning to major in Health Sciences (basically biology but it has immunology, physiology, anatomy, etc. in place of the more traditional biology classes) and if I have the time to fit a minor in, it’ll probably be in psychology. The major’s for obvious reasons and the minor is because I enjoy studying psych.

Hello!

I chose Anatomy and Cell biology, because I sense this area best corresponds to my interests.

I’m registered in this program primarily to have access to courses which will allow me to complete pre-reqs. If accepted into Medicine, I will end up not completing the program.

If unsucessful my application, then I will most certainly complete the program - purely because the subject interests me so much.

Ron