Match countdown

This is really freaking me out because I remember when Mary was on the freaking waitlist! on the OPM mail list OMG! it has been that long? and I start medical school this fall holy cow I hope that it goes as fast as this has!!! yipeeee!

Woohoo!! Way to go Mary!!!

-Christy

I just wanted to second everything the others said about you being an inspiration… thank you for allowing us to take your trip with you!

So that’s why the sky is so bright between here and DC!! Congratulations!
Now on to Thursday to find out which location is lucky enough to have snagged you!!

Congratulations on matching! Only a few more days until the suspense is over and you (and we ) find out where!
Love,
Stacy

Congrats Mary!!! I can only imagine what an awesome feeling it is.

Mary -
I hope you have the best night’s sleep ever!!!
Big, huge congrats. What an inspriration!
Michelle

Mary, I’ll be over at Stanford watching the match (some of my “admitees” will be matching) and thinking of YOU! I’m very excited for you…and anxious to hear where you’ll be.
Congratulations!!!
Grins,
Judy

Yay! That’s awesome! Congratulations.

woohoo! Congrats Mary!

Great to hear that you’ve matched Mary! Congratulations! Your story is especially hopeful for me, because I’m going to be in the same boat of not being able to move. It’s good to know that it is possible!!!
I’ll be watching for your post on Thursday. I hope you get your 1st choice.
Pam

Pam, something I did that I thought helped me a lot (well, besides choosing FP which is easy to match into, but that’s not why I chose it!) – I did away rotations of one month each at my top two choices. I got to know well the residents and attendings at both places, and they got to know me. I’ve heard the comment that this is a two-edged sword: the good news is, they get to know you; the bad news is, they get to know you! But for me, it was definitely a positive. I worked hard, made a good impression, and stayed in touch with both programs. I’d be happy at either one and I’m pretty sure that they both thought fairly highly of me (we’ll see soon!). I know Dave also did a couple of guest shots for his anesthesia residency. I don’t see a downside to doing these away rotations - if they do not like you after they get to know you (the joking ‘bad news’), you probably wouldn’t be comfortable there and so your time in that particular program wouldn’t be a waste - it would be a way to eliminate that program from your list. Hope this is making sense. Bottom line: do some guest rotations!

Mary

(I just now noticed the checkbox for +/- your signature. Mine is too long, I know, and seen plenty often, so I will try to remember not to include it every dang time!)

Mary, you rock! Congratulations!

I got my top choice: Fairfax Family Practice Center, affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University. It’s an AWESOME program and I am so excited! My family took me out to lunch and the program director called me in the middle of my beer & baby back ribs to congratulate and welcome me. yahooo! This is very exciting.

WOOHOOOOOOOO! That’s so neat that the program director called you up, too. I guess it’s fun for them to give good news, and it sounds like (s)he’s glad (s)he got you.

Congratulations Mary! I’ve been checking OPM all day waiting for your news and I’m glad you posted it before I went home. That’s so awesome that you got your top choice. CONGRATULATIONS!
Love,
Stacy

Hey Mary,
I have been checking the site since noon. Great going! Congratulations on getting your first choice. I know that you are going to have a great time at the Fax. I wish that I could have been there with you but you can keep me up to date on all the comings and goings.
Natalie

Hey Mary,
I just remembered something. You and I will be sitting for specialty boards at the same time. I will be finishing in Cleveland and you in Great Falls! What a thought, they will be unleashing us both at the same time.
Natalie

Mary,
I just got home from a block final and couldn’t wait to see where you matched. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now it’s time to sit back and enjoy the feeling. . . at least until you have to get back to rotations! Have a great time celebrating and enjoy the time with your family!

Mary, you help other people all the time-- I think tonight you can be happy for YOURSELF!!!
And you matched in my hometown! My parents live just three or four minutes west of Fairfax Family Practice off of Route 50 in Chantilly. I would love to pay you a visit after you settle in.