MCAT 2015 info

I’ve gotten questions from people about the new MCAT, which goes into effect next April. Since I don’t plan on taking the MCAT again (ever!), I wasn’t able to answer those questions. Figured I better keep up with the times, so I did some research and wrote a blog post – MCAT2015: Here’s the Scoop .

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the breakdown Lorien!

I’ve taken a few practice questions and I find this test FAR more “friendly” than the old version.

Anytime.

Interesting that you have found it more “friendly.” Anything you can put your finger on, specifically? I’m curious what other people’s experience will be as well. I’m almost curious enough to try a few questions myself. (key word: ALMOST)

Did you do the trial section on the MCAT? That was enough preview for me…

• terra_incognita Said:
Anytime.

Interesting that you have found it more "friendly." Anything you can put your finger on, specifically? I'm curious what other people's experience will be as well. I'm almost curious enough to try a few questions myself. (key word: ALMOST)

I found the questions far less obtuse that the previous versions of the MCAT. For example, the old version contained questions that had more than one "right" answer, but the test designers were looking for a students to pick the "best right" answer! HOW THOROUGHLY ANNOYING!!!! Of the questions I've seen on the new MCAT, there's only one "right" answer.

That said, it's really kinda hard for me to be objective about this because I've taken the exam a zillions times and I tutor students taking the exam as well.

thx so much for posting that. the “more than one right answer” was the most frustrating thing about tests in general for me. biased or not, if it’s even possibly true, it gives me hope and confidence that is most appreciated…

All I know at this point, is that I know the DSM cold. Backwards, forwards, and upside down. I am in high hopes this will serve me well, as I am certain to flounder mildly in Chem and Physics. I think this will be an asset for me.

• eirikr1 Said:
thx so much for posting that. the "more than one right answer" was the most frustrating thing about tests in general for me. biased or not, if it's even possibly true, it gives me hope and confidence that is most appreciated....

You're welcome!

I can assure you that with hard work, you can do well on the MCAT, but then I think hard work is the answer to most academic questions. As an example according to the MCAT website, I had about a 0.0005% chance of increasing my score to the level I did based on how I did the first time.