MCAT stuff for sale!!

1. EK Audio Osmosis: $80

2. MCAT study cards (not kaplan): $20

3. Organic Chemistry review videos (standard deviants): $40

I’ve got to say, I like the names of these. Standard deviants?

Audio Osmosis … is that books on tape for the commute, or an actual attempt at “learning through osmosis” while sleeping?

Unfortunately, I was not able to absorb the information in audio osmosis through physical contact with the CDs. I can only assume I had too high a concentration of knowledge and the gradient was not favorable. I had to force the transfer through headphones, while awake.

That is learning through CD while commuting. However, I felt that it was better if I listened to the topics that recently covered in my Kaplan lecture.

• samenewme Said:
Unfortunately, I was not able to absorb the information in audio osmosis through physical contact with the CDs. I can only assume I had too high a concentration of knowledge and the gradient was not favorable. I had to force the transfer through headphones, while awake.

I became ill after absorbing the plastic
  • samenewme Said:

LOL

Good answer!

I find it best to keep an empty mind when... wait... what was I talking about, again?

Adam,

Audio Osmosis is great! It’s done by ExamKrackers and the format is basically the same as their books. It’s fun to listen too (only first two times or so ) and they advertise it as a complete preparation guide to the MCAT. I’m not sure if you can learn from the CDs only (unless you are a very good listener and it fits your learning style), but it really reinforces what you already know from their books. + when I wanted to review some material, it was faster to listen to it, than to read a chapter from the book.

Kasia

Hi Gabe

Are you offering all 12 cds for $80?

I’m definitely interested.

Elle

On the topic… are there any audio books, audio learning, anything similar, that I could make use of?

For about the next two months, I’ll have a much longer commute than I’m happy with, and I’d like to at least make use of it. I’ve yet to take most of the MCAT pre-reqs, so I’m not sure how appropriate something like EK Audio Osmosis would be – I just want to learn something while I’m in traffic.

Thanks

Well, I also have Audio Learn which is not that great. 6 CDs and the guy is a bit monotone so you may fall asleep while driving. However, if you are interested, I will sell if for $25. Let me just make sure I have all of the CDs

The EK stuff will be okay for you, actually. It’s a high-level review and some of the topics will work well enough to plant the seeds for later. O-chem and gen chem might not be so hot but physics and bio will be fine. The humor is obnoxious and annoying and that’s meant to help you remember. And should keep you awake in traffic.

But I won’t promise it won’t add to your road rage.

Hm… sounds interesting, then. I’m just not sure I could handle a monotone at that hour… zzzz… zzzz… BEEEEEEEEEP

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the EK sound effects will keep you awake.

Denise, who should be PACKING to move near my MED SCHOOL.

Hi Gablerman!

I’m your buyer, if your material is still available!

My email: presse at sympatico dot ca. I can give you my full coordinates by email.

I’m in Montreal, Canada, by the way, but since this is ‘used’ material, I suspect no special customs paperwork will be required.

Ron

I have a buyer for the AO material. I also have the videos for organic, the other CDs, a box of NonKaplan flashcards as well.

Take your pick,

Is it just me, or is this starting to annoy people? I am referring to MCAT seller, not the regular posters on this thread.

Kris

I’m deleting those posts. We do not allow people to sell copies of other people’s copyrighted materials.